Program Offerings and Benefits
A variety of options to inspire confidence and strength.
For the most part, program participants rarely have the opportunity to attend school or receive general education. Our art therapy activities are designed to heal the wounds caused by trauma and improve their self-esteem while teaching new forms of expression and skill sets.
- Preparation exercises
- Body awareness and power poses
- Melody, vocal and solfège training
- Individual & group instrumental sessions, including:
- Music and visual-plastic expression: A visual-plastic art activity, such as sewing or crocheting, mainly for the mothers and fathers while they wait on students. The sessions either begin or conclude with music.
- Memorization techniques
- Language skills
- Teamwork in a cross-cultural environment
- Public performances by students and visiting artists